We are looking for young men and
women, ages 14 through 19, who are interested in a career in law enforcement.
Those interested should be willing to perform their duties with honesty,
sound judgment, and respect for the rights of individuals. Prospective
explorers should have the desire to diligently serve the citizens of
Louisville Metro and the Louisville Metro Police Department by active
involvement in community initiatives and events.
• Open to young men and women between the ages of 14 and 19
• Must have completed the 8th grade
• Must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA or "C+" average
• Must be willing to wear a uniform and maintain an appropriate appearance
• Must be willing to attend regular meetings and actively participate in events
• Must possess good moral character and have no major criminal/arrest record
• Must be community minded and willing to serve as positive representatives of
the Louisville Metro Police Department and Louisville Metro Government.
• Attend a minimum of four regular meetings (three of which must be consecutive)
as a prospective explorer and successfully pass an entrance interview to determine your membership as an explorer.
• After successfully passing an entrance interview, a $20.00 administrative registration fee will be due.
For more information about becoming a Louisville Metro Police Explorer, please contact us by telephone: (502)574-2027 or email.